Financial Coaching and Counseling
After you attend one of our workshops, AHEAD provides private, one-on-one sessions to help you overcome financial obstacles that may be preventing you from reaching your goals. During this meeting the HomeOwnership Advisor will:
- Review your credit report, help you dispute inaccurate information and develop a plan to help you establish or re-establish your credit.
- Personalize and assist in the development of a household budget you can live with.
- Identify the mortgage product that best meets your needs.
- Determine if you may be eligible for any grants, financial assistance or matched savings program that may be available.
- Establish your homebuying time line.
- Provide on-going support through the entire homebuying process.
- Click here to schedule your appointment
Budget and Credit Counseling
If you already own a home, AHEAD's certified HomeOwnership Advisor can work with you to establish a household budget and address your credit needs. During an individual session our Advisors can go through your current income and expenses, review an updated credit report and work with you to achieve your financial goals. Click here to schedule your appointment
Individual Development Accounts (IDA)
IDA's are a special matched savings accounts that help people with limited incomes save to buy a home or pay for college or technical school.
Are you a homeowner at least 62 years old? Do you need to evaluate whether a reverse mortgage is an appropriate solution for your financial challenges?
A reverse mortgage, also known as a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM), is a loan that enables you to convert part of your home equity into tax-free cash. It may provide you with financial relief and the ability to better manage daily living expenses. Our HUD-approved reverse mortgage counselors can help you explore this option and determine whether this type of loan is appropriate for your financial situation. We will guide you through the entire process, including:
- Terms of a reverse mortgage loan
- Possible alternatives to reverse mortgages
- Potential financial and tax implications
- Apply for public and private benefits that can help you pay for needs like home energy, meals, and medications.
For your protection, the federal government requires homeowners who are interested in a reverse mortgage to receive a reverse mortgage counseling certification* from an approved third-party organization like AHEAD. AHEAD is one of 2 organizations in the state of New Hampshire to provide reverse mortgage counseling approved by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD).
There is a $125 upfront fee for this service. Depending on available funding, we will:
- waive the $125 counseling fee for a limited number of older adults who are facing financial hardships such as foreclosure or bankruptcy, who are using respite care, or whose monthly income is less than $1,000.
- Allow a limited number of older adults to pay at closing if their monthly income is less than 200% of the federal poverty level ($1,862 for single homeowners and $2,552 for couples).
Call today to schedule your Reverse Mortgage counseling appointment (800)-974-1377 or click here to booked your appointment